DESCO new connection application process to follow: “Dhaka Electric Supply Company Limited” is a public electricity supplier, commonly known as DESCO. It mainly distributes electricity to the North and South City of Dhaka and Gazipur City. Desco has about 400 square kilometers of coverage rights and can receive power at 132KV & 33KV levels distributed at 33KV, 11KV & 0.4KV voltage levels.
This company was created as a public limited company in November 1996, and the company law was passed in 1994. DESCO manages all of its activities now under the power division of the Ministry of Power, Energy, and Mineral Resources of Bangladesh.
Over the past 25 years, DESCO has ensured transparency and accountability in power distribution systems, improved customer service delivery, efficient management, and implementation in all areas, which has resulted in DESCO surpassing all evaluation indicators. For a new connection of DESCO, you have to follow some steps discussed in the following.
About DESCO New Connection
A new connection means connecting a new result pointer to a sub-network. That means connecting new power lines here. When your home, small business, industry, or commercial area needs an electricity connection, you have to apply for the new connection. DESCO has both permanent and temporary connection services of EHT, HT, LT, and MT. ETH stands for Extra High Tension.
For a new connection of DESCO, you have to choose your connection type first; then, you can apply both online or offline in person.
DESCO generally provides customer service in all areas. If you want to join DESCO, you have to be a permanent resident of the specified area of DESCO coverage. It mainly serves Dhaka and its environs. The areas where DESCO provides its services are given below:
DESCO generally provides customer service in Mirpur, Pallabi, Kafrul, Kalyanpur, Cantonment, Gulshan, Banani, Mohakhali, Uttara, Uttar Khan, Dakshin Khan, Baridhara, Badda, Tongi, and Purbachal with an area of 400 sq km.
Documents For DESCO New Meter Apply
Almost every private and government sector wants some identification documents for providing their service to their customer. That means it’s obvious you must have to provide your information for a new connection. The documents DESCO wants from their new customers:
- National Identity Card / Producers One copy passport size photo.
- Distance of service drop (distance of service pole from the junction) should be within 130 feet.
- If the total load is more than 50 kW, the rules of HT connection will be applicable.
- Document ownership of the land where the house/residence will take the meter and the certificate of inheritance if the original owner is not present.
- Copy of paid bill with previous connection (no new document is required for further connection in the same name or place).
- Fire extinguishing certificate in case of the multi-story building (more than 10 stories).
- The fields marked in red (*) must be filled in the application form.
- Provide the customer’s own mobile number in the application form.
- Tracking ID and PIN obtained after the application must be saved.
- Connection money can be paid through DutchBangla Bank’s Mobile Banking (Rocket).
DESCO New Connection Application Process
Dhaka Electric Supply Company Limited has both online and offline new connection application systems. I will write in this article how you can apply online and offline for the DESCO new connection.
DESCO New Meter Apply
Download the Application Form and fill-up the form with valid information. Don’t forget to add two copy passport-size photos with the application form. Submit your application form to the General Manager of DESCO.
- The General Manager (Administration)
- Dhaka Electric Supply Company Limited (DESCO)
- House # 03, Road # 24, Block # K
- Banani Model Town, Dhaka-1213
DESCO Online Application For New Connection
After clicking this link, you will see an application form. You can read the application in both Bengali and English languages. The setting is available on the right corner of the upside.
Now, you have to fill the application form with your valid identity and address. Recheck the information you have provided. Don’t fill the form with invalid information..”
Provide all the information in the application form. The information they collect:
- Personal Information: Personal information is like customer’s full name, father’s name, mother’s name, NID number, Gender, and photo.
- Mailing Address: You have to provide your mailing address by where the authority can contact you easily.
- Connection Address: This address information is the area, the location where you want your new connection.
- Description of Connection: Write the connection types, demand meter, and demand load in the application form.
Caution: Please make sure again that you have provided all the information correctly.
Click here to log in to your DESCO online customer account using the Tracking ID and PIN.
After login into your account, you will need some more documents to provide; you can follow the DESCO file upload process. Now it’s time to pay the application bill. They accept MasterCard, Visa cards, mobile banking, and wallets.
DESCO New Connection Online Application Form
DESCO New Connection Application PDF
Without Going to the administration of the General Manager, you rather apply for the new connection online; this is recommended. As a new customer, you must consider your connection types once again. Is it permanent or temporary? How much demand load do you want? Finally, make sure you have selected your desired tariff category.