The most common step up transformer use is the enhancement of transmission voltage. Step-up transformer and kinds of the transformer are the electrical equipment that we usually use for electricity transmission and distribution. A Step-up transformer is mainly using in power plants, transmission lines, various electronic circuits, and electronic devices.
A Step-up transformer is one of the essential devices in the electrical power sector. It enhances voltage stability from lower to higher in the transmission line and the other aspects of electrical devices. Step-up transformer’s secondary winds turn number is more than primary wings turn number. Now this time, the transformer uses in many ways. This blog mainly writes on the application of step-up transformer uses.
Where We Use Step-up Transformers
The uses of step-up transformers are widespread now this time. Starting from power generation lines to small electronic devices, step-up transformers are used. The most important common use of step-up transformer information is given below:
Step-up Transformer Uses:
- Power plants produce low voltage electricity with a high current. This voltage is not appropriate for transmission because it loses its voltage when it passes a long distance. It also has wire resistance. So, it needs to amplify the voltage. A Step-up transformer uses to enhance the voltage. It amplifies the voltage from 12kV to 400 kV.
- In some engineering plants, a step-up transformer uses to generate electricity.
- When starting electrical motor its needs high voltage electricity. Step-up transformer provides the extra voltage of electricity.
- A step-up transformer is used on microwave ovens, X-rays machines, or other electronic devices that need voltage boosts to run the devices were used 110v to 220v distribution lines.
- Electronic motherboards, mobile chargers, digital circuits, and other electronic devices widely use step-up transformers to get high voltage.
Step-up transformers have less efficient power losses because it has no physical wire connection. If you read the step-up transformer equation, that will help you better understand the power efficiency. It works with EMF principles. The working efficiency of the step-up transformers is 95%. For its efficiency manipulates the wide range of the power sector all over the world.